- Numerical Weather Prediction - the use of computers to predict and emulate weather, as well as the measurement of the predictability thereof.
- Micrometeorology - the study of atmospheric phenomena less than 1 km, such as small-scale turbulence.
- Tropical Cyclones/Hurricanes - my research focuses primarily on tropical cyclones that uniquely interact with the land surface.
- Air Quality - small changes to the composition of the atmosphere that are directly influential to human health.
- Atmospheric Dynamics - forces that govern atmospheric motion, and the equations that represent them.
M.S. in Meteorology from The Pennsylvania State University
B.S. in Meteorology from The Pennsylvania State University
- Thomas, A. M., A. K. Huff, X. Hu, and F. Zhang, 2019: Quantifying Uncertainties of Ground‐Level Ozone within WRF‐Chem Simulations in the Mid‐Atlantic Region of the United States as a Response to Variability. J. Adv. Model. Earth Syst., 2018MS001457, doi:10.1029/2018MS001457. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/2018MS001457.
- Yoo, J., J. A. Santanello, M. Shepherd, S. Kumar, P. Lawston, and A. M. Thomas, 2020: Quantification of the Land Surface and Brown Ocean Influence on Tropical Cyclone Intensification over Land. J. Hydrometeor., 21, 1171–1192, https://doi.org/10.1175/JHM-D-19-0214.1.